SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Hobbies as an adult: Rock-climbing


Seriously, finding hobbies as an adult sucks balls. When did it get so difficult to figure out interests and find time to try new things?

I've found that the busier life gets, the more things I pack into my calendar, the easier it is to forget to take time for things that recharge my batteries. On the flip side, the more I notice how desperate I am for that same time to do things that energise me and make me feel alive.

So after working for two weeks straight for 16 hour days, I decided to take two days off.



Sunday was devoted to sitting at home and genuinely not doing anything other than cleaning the house and watching television.

Monday, however, was devoted to friend time. Friend time with Mandy, doing something far out of my comfort zone. Something I hadn't done since I was twelve years old - rock-climbing.


^^ This is Mandy. She is a wonderful, adventurous, crazy and wild soul and I am privileged to have her as a close friend of mine. I am so glad that she pulled me along on this adventure because HOLY CRAP - IT WAS SO MUCH FUN.

While my hands may be blistered and my muscles may be sore, spending two hours climbing up these sixteen metre high walls was such a rush and so worth it. By the end of our two hour experience, I had even climbed all the way up the sixteen metre wall on one track!

We went to Tapanilan Urheilukeskus in Vantaa to Helsingin Kiipeilykeskus, and can definitely highly recommend it. And if you're anything like me, and feel very on display when trying new things in front of people - go as they open the doors. We arrived at 9am and for the first hour we basically had the courses to ourselves and it made the whole experience much more comfortable than if there were loads of people around.


This is post no. one in a series where I begin to search for hobbies to fuel my soul and recharge my mental and emotional batteries (because it's obviously something I struggle with). Let me know what you think I should try doing to make sure I take time out for myself and what you think I may enjoy? x


Post a Comment