SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, April 13, 2020

Morning Routines


Over the last couple of weeks, I've been trying to focus on setting up morning routines to make sure I start my days off right. Here are the things that I have tried and am trying to put in place so that I'm actually activating my brain early in the day and making sure that I am also taking care of myself physically, mentally and emotionally.



As soon as I get up, I go wash my face. Something that, believe it or not, I didn't do for YEARS. But ever since my makeup artist friend yelled at me for not doing this, I've been making sure to start with it almost every single day. I use the NIVEA refreshing wash gel and soothing toner, and then I use the Lumene Lähde daily moisturizer.



I then make a cup of tea and put on a podcast or a sermon to get my mind rolling in the right way. I was noticing a few weeks ago that watching an episode of a tv-series was making me feel super drowsy and this has really made a difference in getting myself going and actually being productive.

Recently I've been loving The Heart & Hustle podcast or the Bethel podcasts. Usually, I decide on the latter if I'm needing something calming and relaxing and the former if I'm needing something more upbeat and energizing.


At this point, it's usually about 8:45am when I finish my podcast episode, so I then start working.

Something else I do a couple days a week (on shower mornings) is doing a 15 minute HIIT workout, which I've been doing through the Down Dog HIIT app.

I've noticed that it's really just the little things that matter in order to kickstart the mornings. What do you do to start off the mornings the right way? x


Post a Comment